Re: Headlight switch 70 Midget

To: "Dan Dwelley" <maine2me@yahoo.com>, "sprite list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headlight switch 70 Midget
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:18:38 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks much to all who offered their thoughts and assistance.  The problem
wasnt in the headlight circuit, although the switch was bad.  Turned out
that there was a short in the side marker lights circuit which picks up
power at the headlight switch.  Have disconnected that circuit at the
switch, and now have headlights.  The marker circuit is fried all the way
out to behind the grill so I will have to run a new line out front to those
connections.  An easier way would be to just run "jumper lines from each
marker to each nearby parking/tail lamp.  Of course then the parking lamp
position on the headlight switch would light the marker lights.  So much for
the Pebble Beach Concours.  BTW the wiring diagram in Haynes is incorrect as
least as it pertains to the lighting circuit.  I found a correct version in
a "shotgun manual" that is the owners manual that Moss sells for the MK
III....took it to Kinkos for megasizing....that made life easier.  Larry
Cogan.