Re: More electrical

To: "Allen Hefner" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More electrical
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:08:42 -0400
Never heard of a solenoid for a wiper motor, but then again my 78 is
enough different from you 77 that there could be. I will take a look
tonight, but do not expect to be a lot of help. I do not rmrmber anything
like that in the 76 but I have not had that car for 17 years.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 4/3/00 10:53 AM, Ajhsys@aol.com made the
profound statement:

>When I was replacing the fuse block, I noticed a small metal can on the
>firewall.  It looks like a solenoid.  It is mounted above the fuse block,
>next to the bonnet hinge.  There are six terminals on the bottom,
>representing four circuits.  (That is, four of the terminals are connected
>into two circuits electrically.)  There are NO wires on this thing at all!
>So the DPO replaced it with something else.  There are no markings on the
>device except a clean spot where the label used to be.
>
>I looked at the wiring diagram and could not find anything with six wires on
>it remotely resembling this thing.  It is obviously an original part,
>because
>it was mounted with two machine screws into captive nuts in the firewall.
>Once again, this is my '77 Midget.
>
>I'm thinking it may be the solenoid for the wiper motor.  Does that sound
>correct?  Wipers work, a little slow but they work.  The wiper motor shows
>six connections on the wiring diagram.
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>'77 Midget