Re: Travel Worries

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Travel Worries
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:37:06 -0700
Brad,

I'd add electrical tape (although duct tape can certainly do double duty) a
pocket knife (or is that Bowie knife in Texas), a gallon of gasoline (in a
proper container so as not to confuse it with the beer) a coat hanger or
bailing wire (to go with the duct tape... it's a set ya'know) and some
extra water for the radiator. When I traveled through Texas many years ago
in the Bugeye, I picked up one of those canvas bags you Texans hang off
your bumper (there's a joke there but I ain't gonna touch it)... and oh
yeah, a basket to hold all those parts you think are gonna fall off...-)
Have fun!

Gerard

At 6:28 PM -0500 4/6/00, Brad Fornal wrote:
>Ok, I know that I am opening myself up for some smart-@$$ comments and
>as such I am expecting some. So, I am off for Spridgetstock tomorrow,
>and I have concerns as to how well the Sprite will do on this lengthy
>trip. I have not driven this car for any distance to speak of, thus my
>concerns. I am taking along with me several items from off the shelf as
>I know that getting some items on the road will be damn near impossible.
>I have loaded a spare axle ( thanks Frank), generator, water pump,
>starter, dizzy cap, rotor, points & condenser. Oh, Yeah, and a big roll
>of Duct Tape!! besides all the tools to install these parts, anything
>else to recommend?? The obligatory cat wheel chock should be available
>at any close yard, I can take a rifle along to help in the aquisition of
>this item. If I put it on the gun rack that I have mounted on my roll
>bar I will be legal!!!! Any serious comments and help would be
>appreciated. All others forward their replies through Jay Fishbein <G>
>Thanks Spridgeteers ,............... Brad

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A