Re: Travel Worries

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Travel Worries
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:46:13 EDT
DLancer7676@cs.com writes:
>   If you pack all these things there will be no room for
>  personal stuff.  Maybe carry it on the top rack??

Actually, since I'm the one who wrote the list, I keep most of it in a small
lunch size cooler that was a freebie from Marlboro back in my smoking days.
(If I had saved all the coupons I could have earned a motor home!!)  Some of
the larger items go under the spare tire. When I had only one Healey I used
to keep parts in small bags backpackers use and had them hidden under the
battery and behind the fuel filler panel on the big Healey.

It doesn't cost much to carry the spares. All I do is keep a supply of zip
lock bags in the garage and when I rebuild a carb or tune-up or whatever I
throw my old, but serviceable parts into a bag and add it to the collection
in the trunk.

Pack the spares for the car first. You can always buy clothes at Walmart
along the way but parts are hard to find!

Jim Werner
Louisville, KY