Polishing connecting rods?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Polishing connecting rods?
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:09:40 -0700
I'm curious about how to go about polishing and lightening the connecting rods
out of my 1275.  I was wondering whether this is something that I could do, or
would they have to go to a machine shop for this treatment?  Can I just grind
off the casting seams and then sand them smooth?

Curt Onstott - Crop and Soil Science Computing Admin
  Oregon State University. - (541) 737-5875 - Office: CrpS 153b
                    http://www.css.orst.edu/curt
No, life IS a contest.  Perhaps it doesn't FEEL like a contest to YOU
                because I WON so long ago.  -Voorhis
  '70 MG Midget    '75 Jaguar XJ6     '95 Specialized RockHopper