Re: Polishing connecting rods?

To: "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Polishing connecting rods?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 11:11:32 +1000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"end to end balancing" of rods is what I think you mean.

you want the following criteria met:

a) all rods weigh exactly the same
b) when supported at the big-end end of the rod (as a
     cantilever), the weight as measured at the wrist pin end of
     of the rod will be the same for each rod
c) when supported at the wrist pin end of the rod, the weight of the
    big-end end of the rods will all be the same.

Typically this re4quires a bit of tail chasing....

You can do it yourself of you wish, but check if the rods need
re-sizing *before* you start this job

Mike