Flywheel progress

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel progress
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:02:29 EDT
I took the flywheel for the 1500 Midget to the machine shop today.  Remember
this is the flywheel I bought for $25 to replace the one that was pretty
chewed up by becoming loose.   I took it to the shop to have it resurfaced,
but ended up having more done to it:

After bead blasting the flywheel, the shop is going to turn the flywheel ring
around to expose the unused side to the starter gears, resurface it, and
balance the flywheel.  This is going to cost me in the range of $60.  I
should have a real solid flywheel to reinstall in a couple of days.

After flywheel bolt discussions with Mark Childers and Paul Asgeirsson on
here, and asking about specific bolts recommended by these guys, I got a lot
of blank responses locally.  Its like the good old boys just strap 'er on
with any old #8 bolt that fits the threads.  Lacking anything else, I have 4
used bolts that look pretty good--I have run a die over them to clean them
up.

Hopefully I will have her running by the weekend.  I will update the list
about the progress.  Thanks so much to all who have sent ideas--I read and
considered every one of them.

--David C.