Midget 1500 gearbox vs Spitfire gearbox

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget 1500 gearbox vs Spitfire gearbox
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 00:42:38 -0400
  Are these two gearboxes interchangeable?

  I have a Midget 1500, and the gearbox works fine but makes
some noises that has me wondering about it's long term
health.

  So when an opportunity popped up for a cheap Spitfire
gearbox, I took it. It's from an earlier car than 1500, unsure
what displacement engine this car is.

  Anyways, the shift location for reverse is in a different
place for starters, so these aren't the same boxes. Are
they interchangeable?

  If not, anybody need a Spitfire box?

  I actually have a radiator and a few other bits from
the spit if anyone needs. (generator, starter, head,
water pump, distributor, etc)

  Thanks.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.