Re: Bugeye Brake Problem

To: "nateley" <nateley@email.msn.com>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Brake Problem
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 06:48:15 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
you mention that you have adjusted the pushrod "all the way out".  do you
have free play in pedal with it adjusted all the way out?  i remember
somewhere from my dark past that there were 2 diffrent length push rods.  if
the brake master piston is not completly returning to it's "at rest"
position in the bore it will not release the pressurised fluid back to the
resivour and retain pressure as if pedal is aplying pressure.  and after a
while it may bypass the seals(though it should not) to release a bit.  one
other aerea where it might be giving some trouble is restriction in the
steel tubing.  i have seen brake tubes grow rust internally to the point of
neary completly closing them off?  also i have seen the residual pressure
check valve in the master cylinder stick too!  but after the same thing
happening with difrent master cylinders i am leaning towards the wrong
length push rod from the pedal.   remove the pedal return spring and check
for free play between the push rod and the brake master piston.  this will
resolve that question real quick.  you have free play you are looking
elsewhere.  no free play, you have conqured another spridget suprise!

chuck.
returning you to your previously programmed show: cats and witches, which is
witch?  me-wow!