Re: Intake needed

To: David Riker <davidr@sunset.net>
Subject: Re: Intake needed
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 07:40:52 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
According to the OS&M they started the emissions in North American cars in
November of 67 and the engines were prefixed with 12CD. They dispensed with the
PCV at engine 12CD-DA-H8701 and went to the split carb tubes to which you refer.
Our engine is a 12CD-DA-H3322 so it is in those interim years of changeover.
Alan, and any other interested lister, there is a photo on page 101 of the OS&M
(at the top) of the intake that I "think" I need. The photo was taken from the
distributor side of the engine so the view is not real good but you can see that
the PCV and the gulp valve are both on the engine. For those lurkers AND listers
out there that don't have Terry Horler's "Original Sprite & Midget"  published
by Bayview Books, I highly recommend it as a good source of reference as well as
many nice pictures to figure out what is and isn't proper for your car.

Daniel1312, Now that I have fitted the bugeye with a RHD steering rack and am
working on getting the dash, the most obvious of questions (which I missed) has
come up. The speedometer, should it be fitted with one that reads in KPH? The
OS&M shows all the RHD cars in it with speedos reading with the MPH on it. Was
England not going by KPH at the time the Spridgets were being made?    Thanks,
Brad