More on dizzy bushings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More on dizzy bushings
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:24:53 -0700 (PDT)
I should have added in the first post that I have Crane Cams elec ign., with
a slotted plastic disc passing through an IR sensor instead of points.
Checking dwell is moot in this case.  I plan to check the timing
fluctuations with a light tonight.  There is definitely slop in the shaft.
Idle is good, high speed is great (that's the turbo talking) but the rpms
fluctuate noticeably when the throttle is held at about 3500 rpm.  Its about
a 500 rpm swing as it bounces up and down from ~3200 to 3700.

How hard is it to rebuild a dizzy shaft/bushing?

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye