Re: to Peter C., dizzy number

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: to Peter C., dizzy number
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:12:30 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Thank you Peter,

I saved the post with instructions and parts info.  I'll defer this item a
little while as I seem to have found the problem.  The carb damper cap had
come unscrewed and popped up.  Refilling the damper oil and tightly screwing
down the cap this morning and the flutter is gone for now.

Still, I'm the type who will not forget that there is a wobble dizzy shaft
and will get to it someday even if the Crane Cams unit is insensitive to it
(can you say anal-retentive?).  The points I'll be putting back in when the
Crane unit goes belly-up will not like it one bit.

Meanwhile, I'm rushing to get the car ready to show the first time at the
Scottish Games in Woodland,CA.  The local United Brit. Sports Car Club
(USBCC) is displaying there this weekend so the "Claricci El Cheepo Carpet
Technique" is my goal for tonight.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye