Re: to Peter C., dizzy number

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, nosimport@mailbag.com, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: to Peter C., dizzy number
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:17:15 -0700 (PDT)
It may be achieved through use of a digital Hall
sensor.  An analog sensor will pick up the wobble as a
pulse frequency that will screw up the sensor.  Don't
know which configs these 2 are.

--- Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
> It is not that a Hall effect electronic ignition
> system is sensitive to shaft
> or bushing wear BUT that the specific design of the
> Petronix Ignitor is.
>
> For example the Lumenition Magnetronic Hall Effect
> system is designed such
> that it isn't sensitive to distributer shaft or
> bushing wear.  This is
> achieved by mounting the pickup horizontally rather
> than vertically.
>
> Daniel1312
>
> In a message dated 28/04/00 15:06:11 GMT Daylight
> Time, nosimport@mailbag.com
> writes:
>
> << Yes...that is the number.
>     Interesting. I just read a comparison (published
> by Moss Distributing in a
>  recent flyer) between Crane/Allison optical and
> Pertronix Hall effect
>  ignition upgrades. There are many Benefits v.
> Drawbacks, but pertinant to
>  this discussion is :  Crane "Benefits... not
> sensitive to shaft or bushing
>  wear"   Pertronix "... Drawbacks... Air gap is
> critical, badly worn shaft
>  and bushings can be a problem." >>

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032