to Peter C., dizzy number

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: to Peter C., dizzy number
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry to blast the list, but I don't have your address on the home PC.
Home now, with a brighter flashlight, I can see in addition to "23D4", there
is the number "40819 H" stamped on a flat spot on the dizzy side.  Is that
the correct number?
I checked the play in an extra vacuum dizzy in the parts box and the one on
the car has much more play.  My question at this point is,  with elec. ign,
is this play likely to be the source of the rpm-dependent fluctuation or
should I be looking at other factors as well?

Many thanks,
Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye