Re: New LBC...of a different type

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New LBC...of a different type
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:45:42 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/00 1:58:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
froggi@cdsnet.net writes:

<< With the final blow of the hammer, I was the (proud?!?)
 owner of a "Midas Gold" (GCC paint code) 1980 TR8 with 57,734 miles.

 Dustin, my son, and I are two very happy LBC owners at this point.  Oh
 yeah, I forgot to tell you... I paid One thousand, Two hundred and Fifty
 dollars.  Yep, you read correctly, $1250.00 American dollars..  For once
 in my life "I" got the good deal. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That sounds like a good deal.  Wax it quick and sell it!  Then you can buy a
really nice MGA.

I am one of the few around who actually likes the look of the wedge TRs, but
only the roadster. The coupe doesn't cut it.  I would prefer a late model
TR7, which has the 5 speed tranny and is easier to work on than the V8.  A
good running TR8 is definitely worth more though.

Best of luck with it.  BTW, it has a manual trans doesn't it?  I certainly
wouldn't want an automatic.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget