Re: Clutch Bleeding

To: billwalters2@juno.com, nosimport@mailbag.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:45:42 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/28/00 2:41:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
billwalters2@juno.com writes:

<< This is a '74 1275 with the footlong flex hose at the slave.  :o) >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Still not fixed?  If the flex hose is like the flex hose on the 1500's (which
is longer), it could be cracked and letting air in.  This makes bleeding
impossible.  As Peter knows, I have no direct experience with 1275's, but
maybe this could be happening.

If you remove the flex hose and securely plug one end, then pump air in the
other end, you may be able to test it.  (Now I'm really guessing, but it
seems logical.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget