Re: Lower Fulcrum pin removal?

To: fprodget@yahoo.com, mlupynec@globalserve.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lower Fulcrum pin removal?
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 23:32:13 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/2000 9:01:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fprodget@yahoo.com writes:

<<  An original A frame
 has the two threaded sleeves simply sweated in place
 with solder. Heat the solder, remove the old threaded
 sleeves and braze the new ones in place. I just did it
 on one my A frames that was too loose. >>

To expand a bit on what John said, the solder is not just plain solder--you
should use silver solder and an acetylene torch for heat.  Also, use a NEW
fulcrum pin screwed into the two sleeves for placement as you solder them
into place.  An old one has just enough wear to misalign the sleeves.  And it
is probably not a good idea to use the pin you heated and used for alignment.
 Keep it for future fulcrum bushing alignment jobs.  If you are not handy
with this, it is probably best to just purchase rebuilt A-Arms and not even
have to worry about removing the fulcrum pins or kinpins.

--David C.