Clogged Door Sill Drains

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Clogged Door Sill Drains
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 00:35:55 EDT
I've noticed that everytime I wash my '78 Midget, the small drain hole
located in the middle of the door sill is clogged, and that water just sits
there. Obviously, I am concerned about rust. I can't see why the water is not
draining, and I have no idea as to how to correct this problem. Is this
something you guys have also had problems with?

I've given some thought to getting the stainless steel door threshold plates
advertised in Moss' catalog. Is this a quick fix (I do like the look though),
or am I creating a higher risk of rust on the sills. Currently, my sills are
rust free, and I do not want to jeapordize that in any way if I can help it.

I look forward to your advice,
Tom
78 Midget