Re: Insurance =) or =(

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance =) or =(
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:10:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 10:26:12 AM, soupweed@hotmail.com writes:

<< I have a 58 bugeye in good shape and have full coverage on it with a 500
deductible on the theft/collision (USAA Insurance.)  They told me that in
the event that it was stolen they could only give me the blue book value for
the car.. ok, you can't even get a blue book value for the car or can you?!

Chris,

Don't know how much this will help you but for a daily driver we found that
USAA had some of the lowest rates but not the best coverage for our LBC's.
We use So. Cal. Auto Club.  We have full coverage with a replacement value
and we set the replacement value.  Since our bugeye is not really replaceable
we set a pretty high replacement value which they accepted.  The rate is
about the same as any of our other cars, all have replacement value.  This
not the lowest rate but it lets us drive the car as much as we want and has
the coverage that we wanted.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1967 Sprite Mk III (in progress)