Re: Insurance =) or =(

To: soavero@yahoo.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance =) or =(
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:15:55 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 6:19:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
soavero@yahoo.com writes:

<< With a new underwriter Haggerty's policy is now NO
 trips to work regardless of frequency of use or
 availability of daily driver.  Does anyone have a
 classic policy that is more flexible on occasional use
 to the office?   >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also have Hagerty on my Midget and didn't hear about any policy change.
Maybe at renewal time they will let me know.

State Farm has special rates for cars older than 25 years.  They do not have
an agreed value policy, but coverage is the same as any regular car.  The
only difference is that the car is older and the rate is cheaper.  It
probably helps to have all your cars insured with State Farm to get this
rate.  My homeowners policy is with State Farm and the agent is a friend of
mine.  He owns a '64 TR4 so naturally we got talking.

Hagerty and other classic insurers are still less expensive, but the State
Farm coverage is better, with no mileage limits, etc.  It remains to be seen
what would happen if the car is totaled, since the policy is a stated value
policy.

BTW, the insurance discussion goes around about twice a year.  Any newbies to
the list may want to search the archives for previous info.  That is, if the
archives have been restored yet.
http://www.listquest.com/auto/tier2/british.html

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward