Re: Insurance =) or =(

Subject: Re: Insurance =) or =(
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 11:37:35 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Allen,
Good recommendation. There was a detailed discussion on the British Car List a
month or so ago.

For the listers who are new to this discussion, the specialty vehicle insurance
programs are fine as long as you don't attempt to use the vehicle outside of the
use restrictions.

For example, using the vehicle to commute to work once a week or even once a
month, is outside of the use restrictions. An accident in the supermarket
parking
lot on a Tuesday morning will probably also raise some questions. Most people
think, or will recommend, that the statement "I was on my way to the mechanic"
will cover any weekday use of the specialty vehicle. Poor advice. Won't work.
Keep your assets in someone else's name, if this is your plan.

But, rather than get verbose, again, on this topic. Refer to this subject in the
British Car List archives. Enter "collector car insurance" (in parentheses) and
check only the "subject" and the search will return the most recent discussion
on
this topic. which was quite detailed.
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=britishcars

Jay Fishbein