Re: Generator questions

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Generator questions
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 19:35:11 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> Now that that is over with, the
> charge light on the '68 is burning brightly.

Brad

See if the genny is putting out. Oh boy here we go on THAT sentence.
Remove the wires from the back of the generator, hook up a volt gauge or
test light to the large lug and ground, the light should light. Optimum
volts (if you have a gauge) should be 18 out the back of the gen before
the regulator.
My guess is the regulator is shot. They are adjustable, but ever so
slowly and check the book for the specs, I melted the solder out of a
generator winding by over adjusting a regulator once.
It may also be a cob web or crap on the contacts of the regulator.
If the genny is putting out, test the regulator.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ