Re: Generator questions

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Generator questions
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:35:22 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
> If the genny is putting out, test the regulator.
> --

And if that checks OK, pull the bulb. Seriously, look
for crap on the regulator points.  And follow Haynes
closely, it is pretty good on this topic.  You do NOT
want them sticking closed when the car is shut off.
If they do, your generator will have a case of
mistaken  identity, think it is a starter, and keep
trying to turn.  Eventually it will smoke out the
whole garage, and you will find it an hour later when
you go back to the garage.  And you will then spend 2
weeks cleaning the fire fighting powder off your
normally beautifully detailed engine (remember, we use
no water in these parts).  Ask me how I know.

=====
Ron Soave
'60 Bugeye
'72 BGT