Re: Midget Engine Question

To: Terry Williams <t.williams@mrg.ca>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Engine Question
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 06:13:41 -0700 (PDT)
Terry,
"False Economy". The 1275 is a much better engine than
the 1500. There are mods that would have to be
made...minor but mods. I wouldn't do it!
The 1500 has many ailings that require modification to
help or overcome. It doesn't get enough oil, it's
prone to overheating, it's prone to drop thrust
washers (thus trashing an engine or requiring some
engine work). If you're going to drop in a 1500, you
want to at least do the following to the engine: Get
the oil galleries enlarged, pin the thrust washers,
convert the clutch type fan to the older constant fan
(it'll cool better believe it or not). This is only a
short list of important things to do to the 1500 to
make it more reliable and usable.

Good luck,
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget (1500 with serious mods)
Alexandria, Va.
--- Terry Williams <t.williams@mrg.ca> wrote:
> Listers...
>
> This has probably been covered before, but could one
> install a 1500
> drivetrain in a 1275 car? What manner of
> modifications would be neccessary?
>
> False economy?
>
> Terry

=====