Re: Sweet Sounds

To: "Toby Atwater" <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>
Subject: Re: Sweet Sounds
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:24:57 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From Toby Atwater <tob.sprite.landcruiser at home.com>

> Hey on that note.... does anybody know of a CD with different car sounds
on
> it? I think a CD with a full hour of different exotic sounding cars would
be
> awesome... Don't know if it exists tho... I have made some recordings of
my
> car they can be heard here:
>
> I am here listening to them at work... I can't drive my sprite, the head
is
> in the machine shop... but I can at least listen to it.

When I am teaching pilot refresher courses at East Midlands airport, I am
near to Castle Donnington racetrack and you occasionally get some nice
sounding cars winding up to the red-line on the straight that runs past the
offices.  Better than that is the sound of the Supermarine Spitfire that is
based at East Mids.  Everyone stops working.  The windows get packed with
people straining to see her climb out and do a high speed/low level run past
the terminal building.  Strange how the sound of a RR Merlin can get so many
people of all different interests to stop talking and just listen.
Sorry but you can keep your 14000 rpm Indy cars and you jap motorbikes,
there's nothing better than a Spit being given a good workout (unless its a
Mosquito - engine overkill !!!)

Rob Thomas.
(Buzzed by one at treetop height at Popham airfield when just a teenager.
An experience to cherish for ever)