Re: Sweet Sounds

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sweet Sounds
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:33:12 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
p-51 allison v-12, and some models had the rolls royce merlin v-12
spitfires were all rolls royce powered i believe.  as a child i have had a
ride in both planes compliments ofthe experimental aircraft association fly
ins in rockford illnois and later oshkosh wis. .  all i had to do was help
the owners clean their planes and ask for a ride in exchange, with my
parents consent.   my dad had a pt-26 flight trainer which was the fairchild
pt-19 outfitted with a canvas dome shaped hood for rear pilot to train for
instrument flying.  we also had a j-3 piper cub and an old pre war stinson
that was radial powered.  you guys are right about the sounds of these
engines.   i tend to run out of my shop when i hear an old familiar growl
clawing for air over the shop.

chuck.
way too calorie challenged to fit into any of thoes sleek beauties now, at
least i have the memories*sigh*