Fw: Soft Top Lifts

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Soft Top Lifts
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:48:01 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Here is how I have taken care of this type of problem:

1. Unsnap all hood fasteners.

2. Unhook metal strip on hood from windscreen.

3. Fold hood and stow in boot.

4. Remove hood frame, dismantle, and stow in boot.

5. Return to driving position, get moving, and don't stop unnecessarily.

I have always found that this method prevents the noise, and no rain comes
into the car between the windscreen and the hood. And, as long as speed of
forward motion is sufficient, very little rain enters the cockpit.

YMMV  :)

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Sprite  (AN5L/636)