Fan Blades.and Breathers

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fan Blades.and Breathers
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:04:13 -0700
Last night I was bolting good old AN5L 35140 back together and ran into
a little problem.  The breather on the timing cover (1275)  is in the
way of the metal fan blades, by about 3/8 of an inch. I am using a
downflow rad, and of course the plastic fan wont work with that rad. I
have several sets of metal blades in my parts bin, and all are the same.
I supose that there is a proper metal blade for 1275 with downflow rad.
or can I modify the ones I have??
And speaking of breathers, My rocker cover has no vent pipe, and my
carbs have no vents. No pcv valve. Would it be OK to vent my timing
cover breather to my air cleaners? Is that enough?

Cheers!!    David