Re: Re: Closer, but still won't start (includes miniscule non LBC)

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Closer, but still won't start (includes miniscule non LBC)
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 06:05:49 -0400
I have a old, very tired International Scout that sat idle for about a
year.  I went thru every iteration already mentioned to bring it to
life to no avail.  An ancient retired farmer after listening to my
tale of woe and told me to pull the plugs.  I did.  He squirted a
liberal shot of lube oil in each cylinder, told me to reinstall plugs.
With a tad of smoke, it fired right up.  To quote the old gentleman,
"yew aint gots no compression".  Still have the Scout, runs great, but
needs its wake up shot of oil each spring (and always a rebuilt clutch
slave).

Saw a new (to me) bumper sticker on a extremely tall 4 X 4 pickup
yesterday, "Halt Global Whining"