Re: A good idea to check...

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A good idea to check...
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 07:26:48 EDT
Thanks Gerard!  I drive a 1500 and have a sort of different gasoline problem.
 It is not leaking--I have never seen a puddle or drip of gasoline under the
car.  BUT when I fill up the gasoline tank there is a STRONG odor of gasoline
in the cockpit  until she is run for a little while.  After running a few
miles there is no gas odor.  The PO has placed the fuel pump, one of those
square aftermarket affairs, in the boot and I have replaced all the hoses
back there when I replaced the pump about a year ago.  The gas odor problem
transcended the pump change.

Anybody have any ideas?

--David C.