Re: WAS: Non LBC Motorcycle question. NOW: Fuel to Air Mixtures.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WAS: Non LBC Motorcycle question. NOW: Fuel to Air Mixtures.
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 00:42:50 -0400
Bill,

I made myself curious by thinking about what I wrote earlier <g>.  So I
went to the basement and dug out the service manual for my KZ650.  It
turns out the '78 model KZ650 has a valve overlap of 42 degrees.  On the
exhaust stroke the exhaust valve is open and the intake valve starts to
open at 22 degrees before top dead center.  On the intake stroke the
exhaust valve doesn't completely close until 20 degrees after top dead
center.  I'd bet your KZ750 is pretty close to being the same.

Rick