Painting parts - SUX2BME

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting parts - SUX2BME
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:32:33 -0400
Last week I posted how good my rear end (the car's not mine) looked after
it was painted.  Well today I find the the paint not sticking all the
well.  Funny thing is the suspension parts I painted the
paint is sticking very well, can't knock it off with a hammer or the edge
of a putty knife.  I think I did the prep the same way.  Only difference
was the paint.  The rear had POR-15 chassis paint and the suspension parts
had Eastwood spray can stuff.  I used the same primer on all the stuff.
I must have done something different.  Anyway I scraped off some of the
paint on the rear (much easier this time) and cleaned the area and hit it
with the Eastwood spray bomb.  If the Eastwood paint still stick tomorrow
I will do the whole rear end again.

On the up side it looks like I will be buying an air compressor tomorrow so I
will have a new toy to play with.  I am moving on up!

Bill Gilroy