White wall tires

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: White wall tires
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:32:54 -0700charset="windows-1252"
I was going through some old snapshots of my '69 Sprite, taken shortly after
I bought it new, and they confirmed a memory of mine; that, as purchased
from the dealer (University Imports in Riverside, California), the car came
with (thin) whitewall tires! I'm assuming they were factory Dunlops (can't
see the dealer bothering to de-mount the delivered tires) but I'm willing to
be corrected.  Can anybody on the list help out with this? Not that many of
you are driving Spridgets bought new, but maybe someone has original ads or
dealer brochures?

Wondering,

Jim Algar