Re: No more 'Mr Dirty Windows'.

Subject: Re: No more 'Mr Dirty Windows'.
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:52:37 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
I have heard , over the years, that putting hot water on the
windshield in the Winter will cause it to crack, but from my
experience , it has never happened. I have live in Eastern Washington
State for the past 35 years and I do this every Winter regardless of
how cold it is and it has never happened to me nor have I ever seen it
happen to someone else. I only hear about it as a reference to " I
know someone" or " my brothers friend", etc. Admittedly it does not
get as cold here as Alaska or Minn. , but Winter is still a force to
be reckoned with here with the Mercury frequently dipping to - 30 or
so.
This leads me to wonder if the window was already cracked and the hot
shock caused it to grow dramatically and become visible or it may just
be some sort of " Winter Urban Legend"

                                              Just my experience, Brad