Re: No more 'Mr Dirty Windows'.

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: No more 'Mr Dirty Windows'.
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:05:26 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From William M. Gilroy <wmgilroy at lucent.com>
To: Peter C. <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Cc: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>; spridgets
<spridgets@autox.team.net>; <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
Sent: 18 July 2000 17:29

> "Peter C." wrote:
> >
> > At 01:54 PM 7/15/2000, rob thomas wrote:
> > >Cool-Gadget-of-the-month award goes to my windscreen washer kit.  4
> > >The next thing is to create some form of heat exchanger to warm the
water
> > >via a coolant hose.
> >
> > Suggest wrapping the washer hose around either the top or bottom
radiator
> > hose. The more wraps, the more hot wash you get.
> >          peter c
>
> Works well execpt in the winter.
>
> Hot Water + Cold Glass = Spider Web Windscreen
>
> Neat idea.
>
> Bill Gilroy

Not really a problem here in Wales as it rarely freezes near to the coast.
The water temp won't rise too high as I would need to run the thin pipe from
the washer bottle (behind the battery) all the way to the rad hoses and then
back.  The problem is that the water is stationary until you try the pump,
whereupon the first 6 foot of water is still going to be cool.  The Metro
head has no heater pipe take-off at the back of the head so I may try to
drill and tap a union into the back of the head.  If it is small enough it
should not cause any localised heat changes but I cannot decide if it will
be easy to create a heat exchanger element.  Any suggestions? (pref. non
wise-ass)  :¬)