Re: Painting parts/domestic harmony

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Painting parts/domestic harmony
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:35:18 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"William M. Gilroy" wrote:

> Since my garage is attached to the house, when I paint in the
> garage, the fumes stink up the house.   So yesterday it was nice out
> and I was spray painting up a storm.  Well today I notice that
> the overspray/cloud painted a good portion of my concrete
> driveway.   Any other ideas?

Bill

The driveway is self cleaning in a few weeks. BTDT many times, so has my
son.
As for garage fumes and an attached house, weatherstrip the house/garage
door, include a good saddle on the bottom.
Install a fan opposite the house wall, one that draws out, the bigger
the better.
I have an old metal blade 24" fan in my garage window, it sucks out just
about everything. Dust, paint, small cats... And when painting a car the
shrubs on the side of the garage turn a nice shade of what ever we are
painting.
Then again, they are self cleaning like the driveway. Last fall the
shrubs were yellow, in the spring they turned green thanks to nature,
then blue thanks to my son and his VW paint job, they are green again
thanks to nature, soon to be what ever my kid paints his truck. This
also is an automatic self trimming device too. The shrubs next to the
garage window never need trimming.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ