Re: under bonnet heat

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: under bonnet heat
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:46:21 -0700
Cc: JustBrits@aol.com, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Okay... my two cents worth....  I've been building and running turbocharged cars
since the early 70's, and all with the exhaust wrapped.  Boost pressures in the
30-psi range.  These cars were drag raced, auto-x and hill climbed.  I never
replaced a down pipe because of the additional heat retained by the
insulation...
period!!!  No rust thru, melting... or whatever else one might expect.

A possibility, perhaps... but not a probability!

S/S is the way to go, needles to say, but standard exhaust does work.

WFO Herb
Keep the sticky side down!