Re: under bonnet heat

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: under bonnet heat
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:32:17 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Daniel,

Try Jet Hot Coatings, the company reviewed below from the monster list.
Several on the Corvair list I am also on have had great success with this
process.  In fact, some have reported the process is so effective it can
prevent the air cooled engine from reaching proper running temperature
(doubtful, but interestting.  I'm sure it will mess up the heater though).

They have a website at http://www.goracing.com/jethot/  ... Oh yea, no
financial interest, just trying to help...

Good luck,

Patton
------------------------------------
MCCI/Jet Hot
5602 Orchard Rd
Pascagoula MS 39581
(800) 432-3379
(601) 769-2701

These folks will take your mild steel header (or other parts) and cover
it with a ceramic coating in one of several colors. This cuts the
amount of heat that comes out (a hotter exhaust charge means more
power and less engine compartment heat) and avoids rust through (if
you send them new parts, they warranty against rust through forever).
You can get a "high-lustre silver" that looks a lot like chrome and
won't turn blue. It's great stuff. A typical LBC header costs $150
to $200 to do - call for a quote. It adds a lot to the up front
cost, but probably triples the life of the header. - Chris Kantarjiev