Re: Crank pulley on 1275

To: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crank pulley on 1275
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:36:49 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
   Geoff, Is it possible that what you are feeling is the crankshaft
rotating , both ways, until the slop in the timing chain is taken up?
Yes the pulley is keyed to the shaft and they do , occasionally, work
loose. When they do wear loose, they make a rattly noise when running.
You can pull the whole asby. and have new keyways broached or you can
do as I have done on several engines and JB them back together. I have
successfully done a 283, 240Z and my own faithfull 49 CJ which is
still going strong these last 10 years or so.

Good Luck, Brad