Re: Crank pulley on 1275

To: "Brad Pace" <britclas@ior.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crank pulley on 1275
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 11:15:33 -0400
Thanks everyone for the replies.  There is a rattling sound sometimes when
starting;  thought it was the starter but have removed it, cleaned up the ring
gear and had the starter checked  OK.  I don't think it's slop in the timing
chain, because I had a pencil  down the plug hole looking for TDC and it wasn't
moving when I was turning the pulley.  But I'll check it out again.   Where am I
to look for the rubber stuff?  from the front of the engin or the side?  I did
notice that the fan is scuffed up on the pulley side: is this evidence of the
banancer coming apart?  I hope what i'm hearing from youse guys is that the
pulley/balancer may be shot, but the crank is probably ok?   Please?

No takers on the $4500 NH Meejit??????

Geoff  Branch  '74 Meejit and '72 Mini.