RE: Rear Springs

To: Tom Zuchowski <tzuchow@attglobal.net>, Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, spridgets@autox.team.net, RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: RE: Rear Springs
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:28:47 -0700 (PDT)
As an Architectural Spec Writer, I encounter
combinations of disimilar metals quite often. The
following link:

http://www.cybcon.com/~thelen/1galv.html

is a galvanic reaction nobility chart which addresses
the corrosion potential of various metals. The closer
metals are together on the chart the less likely they
will corrode due to galvanic reaction with each other.
Aluminun and mild steel are on the same end of the
chart so they are not likely candidates for galvanic
corrosion. If you are still concerned simply prime and
paint the the springs with a heavy coating and the
wedges will outlast the rest of the car.

John Holliday
67 sprite

http://invites.yahoo.com/