Re: Was Tonneau Cover support Rod..now Roll Bar

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, jboatri@emory.edu, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Was Tonneau Cover support Rod..now Roll Bar
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:43:31 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 07/31/2000 8:05:17 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

> A custom fit roll bar would cost you more, not less.
>
>  Gerard

As usual I wrote what I said, not what I thought...or something like that.
Yeah, I'm cheap, but I'd pay "some" extra to get wwhat I want.  I want
protection, as much for me as for the grandkids that ride with me, and I'm
willing to pay a reasonable amount.  What I don't like is the roll bars I've
seen from the usual suspects that look like they bolk to the floor of the
parcel shelf only, and I dont want a full cage because I want to keep using
the top...as much to prevent sunstroke here in the desert as to keep the rain
off.

I know you get what you pay for, and no Ed, I wont go to Midas and get an
exhaust pipe roll bar welded up.

I just wondered if anyone knew of a place to get one custom made, in the
manner of the Miata...sort of double what used to be seen on older sports
cars that had one loop behind the driver only.  We all know that sometimes, a
local craftsman can work up something custom that comes out nearly as cheap
as what the one size fits all that Boss or VM sell...verda?

RH...who believes there are no $1000.00 paint jobs, only $500.00 paint jobs
that people pay $1,000.00 for........