Re: Mystery solved!!! Identity revealed!!! (I think)

To: cartman@dnai.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mystery solved!!! Identity revealed!!! (I think)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 16:09:07 EDT
In a message dated 8/4/00 2:58:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cartman@dnai.com
writes:

<< Using my skills learned from watching years of Scooby Doo, I think I may
 have found the identity of our newest list member, Mr. Head.

 He states in his first message that he removed the "flaps" in his carb, and
 it didn't change how the car ran.  Removing the butterflies would keep the
 car from running.
 In his first message, he states he has a rollbar behind the seats, yet in
 the latest message, he states there is a back seat in his car.
 He states he lives on the coast of England, yet the message originated from
 a mail server in the Eastern Time Zone.
 Interestingly enough, a long time list member, who also has an AOL account,
 posted a message minutes after Mr. Head's last posting.  After looking at
 the message IDs, these two message came from the same server!!!

 So without further ado, <dramatic pause>

 my choice for the identity is <more dramatic pause>

 Col. Mustard in the Conservatory with the Pipe!

 <awkward pause>

 wait, the perpetrator in my book is none other than....

 Allen Hefner!!!!

 Where do I claim my prize? <grin> >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry.  Not me.  I'm not that creative.  The message IDs just show that they
all came from the AOL mail servers.  I too, was taken in by Richie.  I
figured at first that it was a prank.  Then he posted that his name was
Richard, and he actually sounded like he was sincere.  But the last post HAS
to be a put on.  I can't imagine that anyone could be that naive about cars.
But I'm sorry to say, it really isn't me.

I do use another screen name for some LBC stuff, just to keep my responses
straight.  If you are on the BritCar list, you will hear from me as
LBC286@aol.com.  If you are involved in Boy Scouts, I use bsawdmem@aol.com.
My original screen name, the one I signed on to AOL with many years ago, is
ahefner@aol.com, but I DO NOT take ANY e-mail at that account.  The Hefner
monicker is enough to get every piece of junk mail ever written.

So, Scout's Honor (and I do not take that lightly), I am not Richie Head.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport