Fuel Gauge and Sender

To: "'Spridget List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Gauge and Sender
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:03:03 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Does anyone happen to know whether the early and later fuel level sender
units are essentially the same, electrically?

I have a 66 Sprite, and bought the later style sender unit (as it was
considerably cheaper, and the sales person assured me it was the same).  The
Moss catalogue lists the one that I have for HAN9-72040 to 71.  Mine is a
HAN8 car.

When I connected the fuel gauge, the needle just banged to the top.  Could I
have a short somewhere, or is the sender not compatible with my (original)
gauge?

Thanks,

--
Phil Profili

P.S. Thanks to those who replied to me regarding my seat belt question.