Re: Fuel Gauge and Sender

To: "Phil Profili" <phil.profili@cptii.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge and Sender
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:52:05 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Maybe your tank is full? :)

Sorry, couldn't help myself. No useful answer. I don't _think_ it's
due to reversed polarity since when I switched to negative ground, I
did not need to change anything with the fuel gauge.

Sorry I missed the lap belt thread. Maybe try:
http://www.andoauto.com/retractable_lap_shoulder_seat_belts.htm

Jeff

At 11:03 AM -0400 8/8/00, Phil Profili wrote:
>Does anyone happen to know whether the early and later fuel level sender
>units are essentially the same, electrically?
>
>I have a 66 Sprite, and bought the later style sender unit (as it was
>considerably cheaper, and the sales person assured me it was the same).  The
>Moss catalogue lists the one that I have for HAN9-72040 to 71.  Mine is a
>HAN8 car.
>
>When I connected the fuel gauge, the needle just banged to the top.  Could I
>have a short somewhere, or is the sender not compatible with my (original)
>gauge?
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>Phil Profili
>
>P.S. Thanks to those who replied to me regarding my seat belt question.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu