Re: Speedometer drive gear

To: jgronberg@coxautomation.com
Subject: Re: Speedometer drive gear
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 17:23:29 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
jgronberg@coxautomation.com wrote:

> Anyone know where I can get the correct speedometer drive gear for a 3.9
> rear end Sprite?

All the Sprites used the same speedo drive gear.
The speedometers  are different to accomodate the different rears.
The guts from a 3.9 diff Sprite will fit in the housing of a 4.22 diff
Sprite.
(large speedo, small guts) the face plate and needle screw on in the
exact spot from the large to small speedos.
I have this set up in one of my Sprites and it reads perfect. (large
speedo but with the guts of a later small speedo in the large can) I am
running a 3.9 in this car.
Also an MGB 120 mph speedo guts seems to work in a 5 speed Sprite, As
this is what I am running in mine. Maybe this explains why I only showed
68 miles on an 85 mile rally?? But my speed is dead on.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ