Sticky shifting

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sticky shifting
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 23:02:39 -0400
Since I got my 77 Midget running I have been tearing up the back roads
trying to work out the bugs.  One thing that bothers me is the shifting
seems to require to much pressure to get into gear (any gear).  The only way
to describe it is as real notchy and not smooth.  It seem to get a bit
worse when the car is warm.  I should have enough oil in the tranny,
I filled this spring and I have seen no traces of leakage.  How smooth
should the shifter be?

Got some other gremlins, seems to require excess pedal pressure on
the brakes or maybe this in the right amount for the car.  I will
have to get someone else to drive it and let me know what they
think.

Thanks,

Bill Gilroy