Re: Sticky shifting

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sticky shifting
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:17:23 -0700
Bill,

I initially had the exact same problem with my '75. It's likely that your
problem is lubrucation of the shifter and not the gearbox itself. There is
a cap at the rear end of the shifter housing that apparently fals off and
allows the lubrication there to dry out. After I lubricated those pivot
points, my problem went completely away, and mine was barely shiftable at
first. The best way to gat at it is by removing the shift boot and
accessing it from the top.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A