Re: Big Healey question. (no LBC)

To: "INTERNET:RBHouston@aol.com" <RBHouston@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Big Healey question. (no LBC)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 01:27:55 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
I have a friend who has a Healey 100M, and it's a true beauty.  According
to the CPI book an excellent 100M will go for about 45K, with the 100-4
about 1/2 that.  These cars are as prone to rusting as the spridgets are
and to find an ordinary 100-4 without rust is a toughy.  They apparentl go
for 5K to 10K and they are essentially ready for a full resto.  And a resto
on these is NOT for the faint hearted or the "we cheap" crowd,  So if this
auction car was well know to some big Healeyites, the ripples and waves
tell you why it didn't make the minimum bid.  Incidently. Donald Healey
liked the 100-4, didn't care for any of the 6 cyl jobs.  Too nose heavy and
didn't handle as well he said.

Paul A

In a message dated 08/22/2000 4:44:41 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Toby@intri-plex.com writes:

> Has the price on Big Healeys (especially a 100-4) dropped? Is a big
healey
>  not worth that much in that condition? I was surprised and almost
tempted
>  bid when I saw that the auction ended without any bids. (starting bid
was
>  $8k, with no reserve)

<I wondered that myself Toby.  I thought the body looked a little wavy, but

that may be my monitor.

<I thought I even posted a query to the big healey guy on our list.  Maybe
this is a well known aluminum sheet pop rivet and bondo car that the AH
affionados all know about but wont rat on their buddy.  (pick your own def
of
AH)

<Or maybe they are going the way of Model T's and A's and the prices are
coming down...since the AH guy are so OLD now and the younger crowd, Toby
accepted, may not have as much interest now.

<Ed, move the walker and O2 bottle closer to the PC and give us the scoop!

<RH...yeah I saw the cat on the mailbox already.........