Re: Da-Huh!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Da-Huh!
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:51:23 EDT
bmantz@roanoke.infi.net writes:

> If the manufacturere is so ashamed of the product
>  that they don't want to be associated with it, I don't want it either.

I have had a 71 Midget for a couple of weeks now.  Had been thirty years
since I had a LBC.  Asked PO and later his mechanic about parts sources.
Both said Moss and VB------ EXCEPT NEVER EVER buy brake or clutch parts from
VB because they do not last.    When I asked the VB sales about brake parts,
he said they are not from OE manufacturer, but not sure who made them and
could not find out.VB does not use the same source as Moss for these. The
mechanic showed me a Moss clutch master and a used VB master for the same
car.  Similar, but not the same thing when you look closely.

I have ordered some stuff from both and had no probs with either.  VB would
actually be much handier for me, as I occasionally travel to KC area and they
have a retail store. Just my two cents. No financial interest either way.

Alex H.
71 Midget